- If through circumstances beyond the control of the Gym, croydon boxing academy is unable to provide the full range of services as advertised, the Member shall remain liable for all fees relating to the subscription and other services provided.
- The Gym retains the right to vary, add or eliminate any of the particular services and facilities provided, including the class timetable and class instructors.
- Croydon boxing academy reserves the right to remove any articles left in day lockers overnight. Items recovered from lockers may be collected from the front desk for up to seven days after removal. Croydon boxing academy will not be responsible for any contents removed from any locker.
- Croydon boxing academy cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to a Member, or any Guest of a Member, occurring upon the Gym’s premises.
- All lost property will be recorded and kept in a secure place. Personal items including clothes, shoes, gym equipment and toiletries will be stored for a minimum of 7 days and valuable items including phones, jewellery, and watches will be stored for a minimum of 1 month. After this time items will be donated to charity. Underwear will not be kept.
- Appropriate footwear and athletic attire must be worn at all times when using croydon boxing academy member’s facilities. Jeans, boots, flip flops/ sandals are not allowed while using croydon boxing academy facilities.
- Croydon boxing academy reserves the right to use any photographs/film footage taken by croydon boxing academy of a Member or guest in the Gym for its own material (website, newsletter, brochures, advertising etc).
- Closed Circuit Television with Digital Recording in operation throughout the Gym. Images are being monitored for the purpose of crime prevention and public safety.
- Regular maintenance of the Gym shall take place, which may require complete or partial closure of facilities. The Gym shall not refund or compensate for such closures.
Pricing and Payments
- There is no joining fee, however at the point of purchasing your subscription you will make an upfront ‘pro-rata’ payment depending on the day in the month the subscription is purchased. This initial payment is non-refundable.
- You therefore authorize croydon boxing academy to electronically deduct your monthly amount from your bank or credit card account provided. Your subscription is deducted on the 1st of each month and is applicable to the following calendar month.
- As a member you agree to make payments on this membership at the agreed time regardless of the amount you (the member) uses the gym. It is your responsibility to make sure that croydon boxing academy has your correct details on file
- Membership subscriptions may be increased at any point in time, at least 30 days notice will be given to members prior to this increase.
Changes to membership
- A Family Membership – if one family member cancels or changes the membership, or you no longer qualify for this membership, the remaining family members will automatically move to the appropriate type of membership. This may also affect the membership fee for any children you have linked to your membership. If this happens, we will give you written notice. If all members of the family want to cancel, you and they should follow the process in sections
- Cubs Membership– If you continue your child’s membership until they are classed as a ‘Youth’ member, their membership will be updated accordingly from £26 per month to £35 per month on the first of the month after they turn 10 years of age automatically, and will be notified of the change to your membership via email or letter. They will no longer qualify for the £26 per month membership after and including the age of 10 years old.
- Wrongful information given in order to obtain a discounted membership will result in the cancellation of all membership rights and any action deemed appropriate by the Gym. Membership fees will not be refunded.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Deduction from your account will occur each month until you notify croydon boxing academy in writing that you want to cancel. Written notification (by post or e-mail) must be received by croydon boxing academy 10 days prior to renewal date (the 1st of each month). For example, if we receive your cancellation request on the 22nd July, your membership will end on 31st July with no further payments being taken. However if we receive your cancellation request on the 24rd July, your membership will end on the 31st This means we will take one more direct debit payment before cancelling your membership.
- All cancellations must be done in the above-recommended format (email or post to the gym) and within the requested time period to avoid unexpected charges.
- If you cancel your membership in writing, when we receive your written notice we will send you an acknowledgement letter or email to confirm the date that your membership will end. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, you must assume that we have not received your cancellation notice and you must contact us and send a further cancellation notice to us
- Any unfounded bank disputes raised by the member, which incur charges to the club, will result in the member being liable for both the charges incurred and the amount owed to croydon boxing academy.
- If croydon boxing academy is unable to collect your monthly for more than 30 days your membership will be suspended until late fees are paid and membership is up to date.
- If, despite us having notified you of a missed payment, further payments are missed, we reserve the right to, at our sole election, either suspend or terminate your membership, upon having given you written notice of our intention to do so.
Freezing of Memberships
- Your membership can be on freeze for a maximum of 3 months after which your membership will automatically be un-frozen and will revert to your monthly rate. Freeze only applies to monthly memberships and will start from your payment date. Request to suspend/freeze your account must be done in writing (by post or email) at least 7 working days prior to your payment date.
- If you change your mind about any merchandise purchased from us, you may return them to any of our Gym within 7 days with your receipt and we will give you a full refund provided that the Goods are unused and are not damaged. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.